Saturday 4 January 2014

Goodbye 2013 and Hello 2014


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and celebrated the New Year in with style whether it was with friends and family or just popcorn and a movie. As you can imagine December is a busy time for me as an entertainer but it was so much fun. If you follow me on Twitter you will know what I mean and if you are not be sure to follow me @ProfessorDanSla

I had the privilege to be back at Grassington Dickensian Festival with Punch and Judy for the second year. The crowds are always up for a laugh and there is such a nice atmosphere whatever the weather. Two events that stick in my head as I write this are the end of school parties I got to perform at. The excitement on all the children’s faces on the run upto Christmas really got me into the festive spirit and made for cracking shows. Here is a picture of the Christmas Magic Show set up.
 
 
The second event I loved was entertaining at Santa’s Grotto in York. It was my 4th year there and I spent a lot of time working on new ideas all year round so it’s fresh each Christmas. Here is a Picture of me as the Magic Elf.
 
I particularly enjoyed not having the snow as driving to events in snowy conditions is not the best. It was nice to see past customers at several events throughout the month and thank you all for your support in what I do whether you were the event organiser or watching the show.

In 2012 we had the Olympics in London and Mr Punch turning 350 as well as many other fantastic events throughout the year to celebrate. So 2013 had a lot to go up against and it turned out better than I thought. Now we look towards the future what does 2014 have in stall for us, well I wish a lot of happiness and joy for you and your loved ones, all the best.

Prof Dan Slater

No comments:

Post a Comment